Monday, January 2, 2012

The Best of Times & The Worst of Times


I don't recall ever hearing more people talk about what a difficult year it has been than that of 2011.   Many said  early on that it would be a year of transition and that it was.  Change can be difficult, yet it is so very necessary if we are going to get where we need to go in the Kingdom.

Some may recall that in January of 2011 I wrote a blog where I shared my experience of sensing that God had said for me personally that it would be "the year of the Lion".   And for me it was a year of learning just exactly what that meant.  As His words to me often are, it was multi-faceted in meaning and came right in the middle of a season where I experienced "the thrill of victory" as well as "the agony of defeat".  

Getting to the bottom line, when the Lion of Judah comes into a situation He comes to make things right and set things back in order.  Like Aslan in the Chronicles of Narnia, whose very presence began to thaw the frozen land,  He brings all of who He is which involves His love, peace, joy, and lots of other good things.  But, His nature also includes His holiness, His purifying fire and His uncompromising nature.  He stands as the plumbline by which we are to measure ourselves.  It is an intense and paradoxical mystery and to put it simply, "it hurts so good". 

So, I am thankful for the journey of 2011 and all that He has done because I know it is out of His passionate love for myself and others that He pursues so relentlessly.

I am excited about 2012 and the unfolding of another new year. As I have listened for anything He might say concerning this year, I have sensed that He is wanting to establish us in the ground that has been taken in 2011. It is not enough to be set free; we must learn how to live free. In many ways, the Church(at large), and the believers who make up the Church, have been like a city without walls.

I believe we are in a season like that of Nehemiah, who helped rebuild the walls that surrounded Jerusalem. It is a time of fortifying, building up, and establishing the work that He has done in us. Those who built the wall knew how to build, but they were prepared to do warfare at the same time. Their defeats had caused them to "wise up", yet didn't keep them from building and moving forward.

 
Another part of the establishing has to do with government. I have heard that the number 12 is a number of "government". We will see even more shifting in the realm of government this year not only in nations but in the church as well. I am thankful for the promise of His word, "....and of the increase of His government, there will be no end."

As we have experienced the transitional birth pains of 2011, we have learned to yield to His process and the purposes in His heart. Now it is time to nurture and steward the growth of what He has done and will continue to do in us.

Below I am including a word that I journaled on New Year's Eve during a time of worship at our church. May the fire of His love and the goodness of His nature pursue you in 2012 as never before!

Word for 2012 - Dec. 31, 2011
As 2011 has been a season of transition it is time for the birthing to be complete. You have fought and you have gained ground. It is time to plant the flag of your victories. The land is yours, but you must go in and claim it. Don't believe the taunts and lies of the enemy as you move forward. I have released to you your identity and given you the riches of your inheritance. It is my delight to watch you step into the fulness of all that I have for you.

Eye has not seen nor ear heard, no mind has conceived what I have prepared for you who love Me”, but I will reveal it to you by my Spirit. My Spirit will lead you into the deep things.(I Cor. 2:9) You can not go it alone, for you will surely fail. You must hold hands with Grace and Truth and the way will open before you.

You must change your mindset to that of an Overcomer. Call yourself by what I have said about you. Don't define yourself by your struggle or the battles that you have fought. I have spoken a new name over you and this is how you are known in heaven. It is how you are to know yourself. Rise up to take hold of your new name. It is a matter of life or death. “Do not be of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved”. (Heb. 10:19)

Rise up, rise up and step joyfully and confidently into your destiny. Trust completely and obey my voice and the zeal of the Father's love will accomplish it.





No comments:

Post a Comment